Since 2011, the ERCIS together with the University of Liechtenstein, have been organizing the ERCIS BPM Winter School (BPMWS). During this one week seminar, open to students from ERCIS members institutions, ~60 undergraduate students from all over the world come together to learn about and discuss current and future Business Process Management (BPM) topics with some of the most renowned BPM researchers.
The 2023 edition will most likely be on-site, taking place January 9 to January 13, 2023. Arrival should be January 8. If traveling should be restricted, the BPMWS will take place virtually (we do have some experience from 2021 and 2022...).
Please be aware of the following information and conditions:
- The language spoken during the BPMWS is English.
- The BPMWS is an intermediate undergraduate BPM course: Participants should have a basic knowledge about BPM like, as an example, provided by the online BPM Fundamentals lecture of Jan Mendling.
- The BPMWS is not suitable for PhD students.
- The BPMWS cannot be offered free of charge. The University of Liechtenstein will charge you about 300€ for the on-site organisation. This will include - aside from the tuition - lunch, joint social activities such as dinner together and water/coffee during lectures.
- We expect ~150€-250€ for accommodation in, e.g., Feldkirch for the five days. Travel and accommodation are self-organised and not included in the fee above! Please see below for some hints.
- All participants have to provide evidence of full COVID-19 vaccination by the time the BPMWS takes place.
- Partner institutions may offer this seminar as part of their curriculum, by, e.g., preparing the students with the Fundamentals of BPM MOOC of Jan Mendling, writing an exam, and/or accompany the winter school with a seminar thesis. The University of Paderborn, e.g., provides 3 ECTS for the Winter School plus a thesis, the University of Münster, in combination with the MOOC, an exam, and a seminar thesis 9 ECTS.
- It is the responsibility of the participants to clarify if and how the Winter School will be recognized by their home institution.
- Registration will open end of August, 2022, and close mid November, 2022.
- We will use mattermost to get you networked before-hand.
The following topics will be covered by the following speakers (subject to slight changes):
|Process Science||Prof. Dr. Jan vom Brocke, University of Liechtenstein|
|Organizational Routines||Prof. Dr. Daniel Beverungen, University of Paderborn|
|Process Mining||Prof. Dr. Martin Matzner, University of Erlangen-Nuremberg|
|Process Performance||Prof. Dr. Adela del Rio-Ortega, Prof. Dr. Manuel Resinas, University of Seville|
|Robotic Process Automation||Prof. Dr. Ralf Plattfaut, South Westphalia University of Applied Sciences|
|Business Process Management at the Hilti AG||Dr. Susanne Buddendick|
|Process Complexity||Prof. Dr. Jan Mendling, HU Berlin|
|Ethics in Business Process Management||Dr. Katrin Bergener, University of Münster|
With this, we provide a pillar for any advanced BPM course, which can flexibly be integrated into any undergraduate curriculum, that offers electives.
Location and Accommodation
The BPMWS will take place at the University of Liechtenstein.
We also recommend sharing rooms to cut costs. Consider using mattermost.ercis.org (once available) for finding partners sharing rooms.