The 2021 Award
... was handed to Leonor Robeiro - congratulations!
About the Award
The European Research Center for Information Systems (ERCIS) annually awards the Master Thesis Award to reward extraordinary students throughout the network.
The winner is being chosen from submitted Master Theses nominated by ERCIS Members. Each member institution is eligible to nominate one candidate per year. The author of the thesis rated best in terms of (1) originality and depth of contribution, (2) methodological soundness, and (3) form and quality of presentation by the ERCIS Master Thesis Award Committee will be invited to the European Conference on Information Systems (ECIS) in the following year. Flight, accommodation, access to the conference, as well as participation in the ERCIS@ECIS network meeting are being covered.
How to Participate
- Each ERCIS member institution is eligible to submit one thesis per year (November 1st year x-1 - November 15th year x). If there are several possible candidates at one institution, it is the institution’s responsibility to choose the nominee.
- The thesis must be written in English.
- Submission deadline is November 15 each year.
- By this date, the thesis supervisor submits
- … the anonymised thesis as PDF,
- … a link to a five-minute video of the student presenting his/her thesis,
- … the name of the student (for administrative reasons),
- ... the name of the research institution (for administrative reasons), and
- … a short argumentation, why this specific thesis has been selected.
The thesis must be anonymised to ensure a single-blind review. The same holds true for the five-minute video, in which the student has the chance to briefly present his/her research by any means he/she deems sound. If presentation tools are being be used, anonymisation is required (no institutional logo); The neutral ERCIS Powerpoint template can be used for this reason.
After the Submission
- The award committee will review the submitted theses after the deadline until the end of the year (Nov-Dec).
- The award committee will inform the winner and, if applicable, runner-ups, by the end of the year.
- The winner and the runner-ups will be mentioned on Twitter.
- The winner will be listed on the ERCIS website and in the ERCIS Annual Report. All participating students will receive a certificate stating their nomination.
The Winner - what's in it for the student?
- The winner will receive a flight to ECIS, accommodation for the time of the conference, attendance to the conference, and attendance to the ERCIS@ECIS meeting.
- Booking of the itinerary will happen in close agreement with the ERCIS Headquarters.
- The award will be presented during ERCIS@ECIS.
- The winner is invited to (virtually) present his/her research to the ERCIS Advisory Board and during ERCIS Lunchtime Talks.
The Award Committee
Currently, the award committee consists of